Thursday 19 April 2012

Happy Birthday to me


So it was my birthday on Tuesday, no big milestone one only 31 but I had seen this pic of a cake awhile back & thought what the heck i'll give it a go.
It's a rainbow cake, was very time consuming but a lot of fun to make. My daughter Amelia helped me & we sang the song together a number of times as we put the whole cake together.

We made 7 cakes: Red, Yellow, Pink, Green, Purple, Orange & Blue


Then the decorating process began. Lots of icing & singing the song every time we put the next layer on to make sure we had them in the correct order.


7 Cakes high It's starting to come along.


Here is the finished cake. I even made the stars myself too. I used the ready to roll icing you can buy from the local supermarket, needed the colour in & then cut them out with a cookie cutter before using a skewer & allowing them to dry.


After holding my breathe while cutting it I was extremely relieved to see it had worked & yes I was very proud of myself & had a lovely dinner out with the family that night

No comments:

Post a Comment