Monday 13 August 2012

It's snow time.............

Every year my little family pack up the car & head over to Mt Hotham for our annual ski trip. This year I finally admitted to myself that I am just not enjoying the snowboard so I hired some ski's and had an absolute ball. My daughter Amelia has been skiing since she was 2 & ski's circles around me on the mountain but I love watching how much she enjoys it. She loves going to Ski school & her instructor this year was Tom & the Xavier for the last day. On Friday we let her do a private lesson with Tom who told us she responds very well in the private lessons & he had her doing jumps & climbing up into the trees to do steep runs which she loves.
I've had a phobia of chair lifts the last couple of years while on the snowboard but back on ski's I have beaten my demons & can now get on & off the chair lifts with ease.
Christian loves going back country with his board & found himself a nice little powder stash this year. He would go out early morning & do his runs then come back for family skiing in the afternoon.
We are all really looking forward to our next ski holiday this time we will be going to Canada so big change in conditions with that one but we are super excited.
Here are a couple of pics from our trip.






No comments:

Post a Comment